‘Grey Lines with Black, Blue and Yellow’ c.1923, ‘Red Canna’ 1924, ‘Autumn Trees – The Maple’ 1924.
- Flowers are also a symbol of a vagina and the vagina can also be called the flower.
- Her forms are very vulva in shape and with some being blood red in colour, they show a blossoming flower which I think also represents a strong woman.
- Subtle use of shape and colour to create a vulva form from flowers.
- Some being less about the female form, but the use of blood red could be seen to represent menstruation and the issues women had about talking openly on the topic.
- I like her subtle/unknowing approach, you can recognise the paintings as being informative without forcing too much of a strong opinion on the viewer.