In order to get thinner pieces, the clay had to be rolled out onto a piece of cotton which allowed it to be manipulated in the way I wanted without breaking. Once the clay is leather hard, I flipped them onto another piece of plywood so I could try and peel the cotton off the back. I had a few issues peeling the cotton sheet off the piece on the right as it had become wedged tightly between some of the creases, meaning I had to fix a couple of cracks when I flipped the piece back over.
In order to hang the pieces on the wall I will need to make hooks for the back of the pieces, which means flipping them again, which could cause the pieces to break. As well as putting the hooks in the back, there are other areas of these pieces which could cause some problems. For example: getting the pieces off the boards onto a kiln shelf, taking them out of the kiln after a bisque to be glazed (if I decided too) and then hoping the hooks are strong enough to hold the weight of the piece on the wall.
After the clay dried out completely the pieces began to crack further and the edges would snap off. Also, I was unable to achieve the shapes I wanted with the thickness and size that I wanted. I found it easier to create vaginal shapes with the clay being slightly thicker so I could pick it up and manipulate it. With this in mind I may have to compromise one of the factors: thicker but larger pieces or thinner smaller and more delicate pieces.