Melanie Manchot – With Mountains 1, 2000
- Challenging the stigma of ideal female nude that womens bodies need to be perfect
- Challenging stigmas about age and how our bodies deal with age, wrinkles, lumps and bumps.
- She’s showing somebody who is loved for more than just her body
- The use of a beautiful landmark or scene surprises us when put with an aging body as we come to see it more beautiful and harder to pick holes in than a close up of an aging women alone.
- Manchot is trying to get us to accept our odies even when they are aging.